Followers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scarlet- Graphite! :)

Hi all! I'm a new mod to Paint the Rain! This blog is great, and all you artists are talented! :)

My favorite drawing utensil would have to be graphite, and today I will be posting two pieces that I drew with graphite! (smudging and shading is great with graphite, btw!)

The characters in this drawing are Kiryuu, Zero and Cross, Yuuki from Vampire Knight! I heavy-referenced (looked off another photo, and my result is similiar to the original photo) on this one! I started this drawing back in March and finished it in early April.

Alright, here's another drawing that I used graphite on:

This one is from January, so it is an older piece, but the reason I posted it is, because I tried out the same technique and smudged a bit. Sorry, I think I smudged too much, but oh well. I'll have to improve that on the next drawing! :)

I also heavy-referenced on the drawing above. And the character is Ciel Phantomhive! :)

Thanks! :D

7 comments:

  1. HOLY CHEESEITS THATS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Scarlet! :D I love that technique soooo much. The drawing I'm working on now is going to incorporate that technique (smudging graphite). I'll have to post it on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Sunshine and Seraphic! :)

    And post it, Seraphic! Post it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuki and Zero!!!! Nyaaaa. They look pretty tsundere :D And Ciel! Well, he looks normal xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. ✧Moonstar✧/★Shiina★ - You are a big anime fan, right? :) You even know the special terms! XD I used to watch and read anime/manga all the time, but I haven't been keeping up lately. I'll have to search around for the new chapters soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Wish I could work with anything other than a pencil(...even THAT needs practice XP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graphite is similar to a pencil (it looks very, very similar), and frankly, I like it more than a regular pencil! You should try it out!

    And I don't think its a bad thing to draw with a pencil! Pencils come in handy and are great for sketches and wonderful drawings! :)

    ReplyDelete